We have said before that the Claims Industry is recession-proof. Daily incidents coupled with catastrophe situations make for a steady, and sometimes overwhelming, stream of claims for our nation’s insurers. The demand for adjusters is not going to change but the supply of adjusters could decline as new adjusters see delays in the licensing process caused by coronavirus.
We also think that this is a good time to pursue a career in adjusting, even in the midst of this Covid-19 outbreak. But in this post, I’d like to speak to those who are already in possession of an adjuster license.
If you have your license and have been working as an adjuster, then you already know what to do. But, if you’re in that group of adjusters who hold a license but haven’t really hit their stride yet, then this is the time to try again. Brush off the dust, crack open your resume, and get started. Having that license in hand may prove more valuable than ever.
Covid-19 is not your typical “catastrophe” and so doesn’t elicit the same type of urgency that we would normally have when faced with a major hurricane, for example. But what this outbreak has done is create a bit of a bottleneck in the process to get new adjusters licensed. Avenues are still open in most states, but applicants may see a bit longer licensing turnaround times.
Get Back to the Basics
So what does this mean for those people who are already licensed? Get back to the basics: get your resume out there, apply to every IA’s roster, make a ton of contacts…you know the drill. And be persistent!
If you need help we recommend the following:
- If you haven’t already, join the Free Webinar hosted by our Director of Career Consultations, Pablo Gonzalez. He offers valuable insights on kickstarting your adjusting career.
- Check out John O’Brien and Peter Gaetano’s Adjuster Success Method online course for a step-by-step guide on how to get started in the industry from two guys that have found a ton of success as both catastrophe and daily adjusters.
- Check out our AdjusterPro Blog, specifically the Career Success page.
- Make sure you are up to date with your Continuing Education if your license renewal is coming up.
- If you’ve taken your licensing or CE with us, visit our AdjusterPro Alumni Facebook page to network with other adjusters, get advice, and see info about adjusting opportunities.
- As always, feel free to reach out to our Customer Engagement Team at 214-329-9030 or email@example.com with any questions.
- Let us know how you are doing. We are always happy to hear your success stories and share opportunities with other adjusters.
And lastly, stay safe. This is a crazy time. The best thing we can do is to take care of ourselves and our families, and support those around us by word and deed to the best of our ability. Please let us know how we can support you.