To obtain your Alabama adjuster license, complete the following steps:
1. Meet the basic Alabama Adjuster License Requirements
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a bona fide resident of Alabama
2. Complete the required Alabama Adjuster Pre-licensing Course with state exam through AdjusterPro for the requested line of authority.
- Alabama Property & Casualty, Workers’ Compensation, and Crop – 40 hours
- Alabama Property & Casualty – 20 hours
- Alabama Workers’ Compensation – 20 hours
- Alabama Crop – 20 hours
3. Process and submit Fingerprints through Gemalto
4. Submit Proof of Citizenship Documentation
5. Three to five days after receiving your course Certificate of Completion, submit your application through NIPR
If you’re not able to apply for your license five days after receiving your Certificate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Check to see if your license has been issued at SBS Alabama
See additional licensing details, including nonresident information on the Alabama Department of Insurance (ADOI) website. Or read complete licensing and compliance instructions in our How to Become an Insurance Adjuster in Alabama article.