There are two ways to get your Arizona insurance adjuster license.
1. You can take an exam prep course with AdjusterPro, take the state exam through a testing provider, and then apply for your license.
2. You can obtain our Certified Adjuster Designation and skip the state exam.
To get your license using option 1, complete the steps below. Information on how to get your license via designation is available at Arizona Certified Adjuster Designation.
1. Meet the basic Arizona Adjuster Licensing Requirements
2. While Arizona does not require a pre-licensing course, we recommend completing AdjusterPro’s Arizona Adjuster Exam Prep Course to ensure passing the state exam
3. Register for and pass the Arizona State Exam
- Register online with Prometric Arizona
When asked to select a pre-licensing provider from the drop-down menu, select 99999 Other (because pre-licensing is not required for this license).
- The exam name is 13-36 Insurance Claims Adjuster
4. Process and submit Fingerprints through Fieldprint. After you register, you will receive an email providing your
- Enter the insurance code on the application: INS-055.A
5. Submit application through NIPR
- Enter the fingerprint registration number provided by Fieldprint. When entering this number into the application, add AZDPS to the beginning, and 5 zero’s to the end, so if your appointment # is 12345678 you would enter AZDPS123467800000.
6. Check to see if your license has been issued at SBS
See additional licensing details, including nonresident information, on the ADI website. Or read complete licensing and compliance instructions in our How to Become an Insurance Adjuster in Arizona article.